Cass at Words on Paper was amazingly sweet and gave me the One Lovely Blog Award (thank you so much, Cass!!), and Jessi from The Elliot Review just gave me the Life is Good award (thank you, thank you, thank you!!), both of which i am now going to pass on!
One Lovely Blog Award official rules:
Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
- Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
- Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
A Romantic Enters the World
Alison Can Read
Books Complete Me
Citraberry Book Reviews
Epic Book Nerd
Grab a Pen
My Sphere of Domesticity
That Bookish Girl
The Bookish Snob
The Undercover Book Lover
Life is Good award:
To accept the award you must link back and thank the person who gave you the Life is Good Award and then answer the ten survey questions. Then you can pass it along to other blogs.
1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?
actually, i do blog under a semi-false name. Kari is my name but not how i actually spell it. right now, it doesn't really matter to me if i'm anonymous or not! i just don't like to give out too much personal info on the internet.
2.Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side:
when i was eight, my family went to Disneyland. there was this ride that went high up in the air and then dropped straight back to the ground. i really wanted to ride it, so i promised i wouldn't get scared (needless to say, my parents did not believe me. they finally relented, though). i was extremely nervous, but i was just as determined to tough it out. we got on the ride, it rose, i tried to hide my terror, it dropped.
i didn't know whether i wanted to scream or cry or laugh. tentatively, my dad asked if I was okay.
I blinked, opened my mouth, and stood dumbly for a moment. then: "LET'S DO IT AGAIN!"
my stubbornness at work.
3.What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
Too short. I really need some of Treebeard's magic water...
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
peach tea smoothie from Next Coffee. utterly amazing and delicious.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
read, write, blog, social network, play RockBand 2. lately, i've also been watching Vampire Diaries.
6.Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
WRITE A NOVEL AND GET PUBLISHED!!!
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever , the shy person, or always ditching?
i was anything i wanted to be--the smartest, the funniest, the most confident. the beauty of homeschooling! i never could get away with ditching, though...
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?
bringing my four-month-old puppy home for the first time. she had fallen asleep on my lap.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
other people or events (or books!)
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
READ. i hate talking on the phone. i text and email!
okay, thanks for slogging through all that! now, the good stuff: i'm passing the award on to:
Sandy (Emy) Shin
S. A. Larsen